Question

Include field data in the email body

• 26 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I want to make it easy to see/search what my clients have written in their data fields by having the information included in the message body. This way I can search the information in my mail inbox so that I don’t have to click/open into the same envelope many times to view the information. Is this possible?

I know I can add the email and name of the client to the message, but what about the actual data fields? tysm. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@newton76 

You can only name and email address as well as envelope custom fields (ECF) in the email body, but not document custom fields which contain data that was entered into data fields in the envelope by recipients.

This Docusign Support Article has additional information on the topic.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @newton76,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!