Skip to main content

This is the field that i had on the webform originally below but i want to change it to a custom field.

this is on the web form

I want to change it to this field but nothing is working.

this is on the web form template

Hi @mshealy,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Docusign Community.  

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your Web Form field to your Template, but I will gladly help set it up.

You can update the document field related to your Web Form’s field in the Template Connections layout, available at the top right corner of the screen, to the left of the Save button.

Once there, you will want to locate the Teaching Discipline Web Form field and connect it to the Submitter Template field.

If you want to delete the Teaching Discipline field, you could substitute it with a new Web Form field, that can then be connected to the Submitter Template field through the process mentioned above.

For more details on how to create new Web Forms fields and how connect them to your template, see:

Connect Web Form Fields to Template Fields

Add Fields to a Web Form

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Sorry, i needed to clarify.  I have it connected but the options that i have on the template copy are long and come from a custom field.  the field on the webform doesn’t update with the options from the template. 

Will the options not pull over or will I have to enter them manually on the web form?

If i have to add them manually on the webform, i don’t see an option to put in a series instead of list.  I have a very long list.

This is on the web form copy

vs what is on the web form

Hi @mshealy,

Thank you for following up.

I have tested this on my end and I have experienced the same behavior. It seems that we are unable to connect the webform field to the field on the template that was added to the already active form.  

Taking this into consideration, the best course of action would be to edit your template so you can create a new webform based on it. 

This new webform should include the changes made to the template, and will import the dropdown options that were missing.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

The problem is that if i create a new web form I have to remove fields that i don’t want on the web form and make adjustments.

So, this seems to be a bug and needs to be fixed.. How can this get to the developers to fix?

It seems that the option to enter a series rather than each individual option list for a checkbox, on the webform needs to be fixed.  This should work just like in the web form template.

Hi @mshealy,

Thank you for reaching back.

According to our engineering team, this expected behavior from the Web Forms feature. Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation. If you’re a Docusign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

Not really answered.