Solved

Add Password to Template Not Available

• 23 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello, 

We use DocuSign eSignature and I would like to add a password to a template so senders don’t have the ability to edit the template but still send.

There are instructions that state to use Advanced Options when editing the template under Password section.

When I click on Advanced Options, there is no Password section for me to add a password to the template. I am the Admin and wanted to know is a setting or something I need to do to account settings to allow this functionality?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Michael.Levy 24 February 2024, 01:43

View Original

3 replies

Badge +1

Are you the owner of the template or was the template created by someone else and shared with you? I’m not aware of anything that needs to be enabled in order to set a template password but it MIGHT be that only the owner can do that. If the template was shared with you, then perhaps the owner of the template can set a password.

When I edit a template I own and click Advanced Options I see the “Template Password” option:

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Michael

"Select as Best" below if this answer solves your issue.

Badge +1

Thank you so much for your quick reply. That was it, I didn’t realize I was testing it on a template that I did not own.

Again, thank you - very helpful! Have a great day.

Suzanne

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @sviggiano,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.