Solved

Approve vs. Review

• 12 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

There are three options when sign the file: ApproveReview, author. Just want to know what is the difference between approval signature and review signature?

icon

Best answer by mrave 14 February 2024, 09:18

View Original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @afiebach,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you would like to know the difference between approval signature and review signature.

However, I don’t remember seeing those option in DocuSign directly. Can you be so kind to provide a screenshot?

Are you using an integration of some sort?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hi Nathaly, 

Sure, in Part-11, DocuSign requires the reason for signing. I’m curious what the formal definition of “I approve” vs. “I have reviewed” this document is to DocuSign developers. 

Badge

Following this thread, I have the same question

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@afiebach

CFR Part 11 requires a signing reason to define the meaning of the signature. There are the three default signing reasons available, which are related to the signer role, being the author, a reviewer or an approver. There is no formal definition for the signing reasons and you may change them.

If you are on a Enterprise Pro plan, you are able to configure the CFR Part 11 signing reasons by editing the DocuSign Signing Resource File and use any values that you prefer.

DocuSign Support Article on how to configure the Part 11 Signing Reasons:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=tja1628891649386&topicId=ylf1583277472869.html&_LANG=enus

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @afiebach ,

@Michael.Rave is correct. If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!