Solved

Getting an Error when integrate Docusign with Conga Composer and send Document for Signature using Conga Custom button "There was issue processing the Conga Composer Request".

• 19 January 2024
  • 15 replies

Badge +1

I have installed DocuSign e signature for Salesforce and Conga Composer application from App exchange in Salesforce dev org.  And integrating Conga with DocuSign add DocuSign parameter to send Document for Signature using conga custom button. But I have getting an error “There was an issue Processing the conga composer Request”. Why I am getting this error.
DocuSign package in salesforce: DocuSign App launcher
I’m giving below these parameters in conga Custom button. But getting error in Conga  when sending Document for Signature.
https://documentation.conga.com/composer/october-23/salesforce/using-conga-composer-and-docusign-for-salesforce-143899284.html
Please help me on this.

icon

Best answer by Derrick.Tran 26 March 2024, 22:30

View Original

15 replies

Badge +1

@HayZay @Robert Jackson Please help me on this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Ankit Verma 

You can share here or send me a message email in my bio.

Can you share some of the details that may help. The document that has the DocuSign Codes so we can see the \s1\ or the tags you are placing.

Also the Conga Code that is making the call similar to what is on the documents.  

Add the following parameters to your button URL:

&Template ID= The ID of the Conga Template record you created in steps 2-4.&DocuSignVisible=1&DocuSignR1Id=[The record ID of a Salesforce Contact, Lead, or User. This can be done with Salesforce fields, typically a lookup or formula field, with Contact Roles, or with more advanced options].&DocuSignR1Type=Signer&DocuSignR1Role=Signer+1
Badge +1

Sure

Badge +1

@Robert Jackson

Here is my error screenshot.

Here is my Custom button. In this Custom button TemplateID is Conga TemaplteId.

Here is my document where I am placing signature tag.

I have installed DocuSign App Launcher in my dev org.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Have you been able to send using the basic DocuSign Salesforce Integration.

I am looking at the documents as I dont have Conga Composer on my test systems but I am looking at the signer type/role could be the issue.

When you set up the DocuSign integration there was a section about signing roles, did you change these in anyway?

2 tests to do.

1. Does Conga Composer Generate the document without calling DocuSign.
  2. Does DocuSign send from standard Salesforce setup.

Robert

Badge +1

@Robert Jackson 
1. Yes, conga Composer Generate the Document without Calling DocuSign.
I’m not change the Signing role.
 I'm sending Document basic Salesforce integration with DocuSign Successfully. but when I'm using Conga with DocuSign it may Occur error.

I have installed below Package and Integrate with conga composer custom button parameter. Can I integrate conga composer with DocuSign below package or not?

Can you share me any relevant Document to how to integrate conga with DocuSign and send Document for Signature Using conga custom button.?
It is Possible for above Package to send Document with conga Composer Custom button.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The only document I have is the following :

https://documentation.conga.com/dsign/latest/docusign-services-for-administrators-154938285.html

This is the main guide to installing DocuSign and Conga into Salesforce.

Have you reached out to Conga support to see if they have any insights into the error.

Robert

Badge +1

@Robert Jackson 
Just to Confirm. DocuSign for salesforce and DocuSign App Launcher is Different or Same?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

They are the same the app launcher contains the DocuSign for Salesforce, DocGen Application and also the CLM Product.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @Ankit Verma,

We apologize for the issues you are having integrating Conga with Salesforce.

By Robert’s recommendation, were you able to contact Conga’s Customer Support?

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge

@Ankit Verma were you able to resolve your issue? I am experiencing the exact same error.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Ankit Verma @LHKimberley,

Conga is the most appropriate resource to troubleshoot. However, I have some background of the integration that may help. First step is to identify which DocuSign managed package you have installed. Legacy vs DocuSign Apps Launcher (aka DAL). The legacy managed package has the namespace prefix “dsfs”. The latest DAL has the namespace prefix as “dfsle”.

If you only have the legacy managed package installed and configured, all of these DocuSign Integration Parameters are relevant for your Conga Composer button.

If you only have the latest DAL installed and configured, the DocuSign Integration Parameters listed above will not work. Per Conga’s documentation, you have to create a two step process (Integrating Composer with DocuSign App Launcher Package). First button to create the document with Composer. Then a second button for DocuSign to take the generated document and send for eSignature. You could do this with the standard button from DocuSign or Envelope Templates

Badge

@Derrick.Tran this is very helpful - thank you!

I have the latest DAL installed and have had success with sending via DocuSign if a do not add the the e-signature piece to the Conga solution at all.

The thing that I find frustrating and wonder if I’m missing something, but based on your comment above sounds like there may not be a way around, is that the DocuSign button does not recognize the parameters (s1, etc.) and I have to place the signatures each time I send the Conga-generated document. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @LHKimberley,

If you’re looking to reference one URL button to do both generate a document with Conga Composer and then immediately include this document within DocuSign, that is not supported based on the referenced link above. However, I would recommend following up with Conga support to confirm that statement is true.

Assuming you use one button to create and save the document as a File. DocuSign is able to able to recognize the anchor text to place the signature. This documentation references that ability. 

Ideally you would want to create an Envelope Template to take the Composer generated document to be sent out for eSignature.

In the Recipients tab, make sure the signing recipient inherits the role of “Signer 1”. The documentation fails to easily highlight this as a requirement when leveraging anchor text:

Here’s how to Add Recipients within your Envelope Template.

Badge

Thank you @Derrick.Tran !