Skip to main content

There is a Salesforce and DocuSign Admin who is trying to sign into DocuSign via her Salesforce accout but keeps getting the federated ID issue that doesn't let her log in.  We have reset the federated ID in DocuSign and is able to log into DocuSign if she logs in directly from DocuSign.  We have Single sign on for DocuSign and have changed it as well to see if that helps fix the issue but it has not.  Not sure what else can be the issue?

@isaac cordova

Resetting the federated ID, in case it has changed, was the correct thing to do. After the user signs into DocuSign with SSO, you should see the new federated ID saved in the user account in the Security tab.

Is it possible that the user has multiple DocuSign accounts and the federated ID is associated to a different user account? Then the error message would make sense, as the authorising user would not be the same user account where the federated ID is related to.

It could also be a caching issue, which could be resolved by deleting the browser cache to remove any old value that may exist. This could also explain the different behaviour when trying to log into DocuSign directly or via the Salesforce integration.

She does have multiple DocuSign accounts but they are external accounts and I can’t clear those federated IDs.  Maybe she can herself, thanks for the suggestion.  

@isaac cordova

That is probably not the reason, because they could be under the same user id in DocuSign, so it is actually just one user account and there is one security section. If they are external accounts they will not have your federated ID in them as they are not connected to your environment it was never passed to those accounts.

It could be the case that she was logged into DocuSign with on of the old accounts when she tried to authenticate in Salesforce. In this case it would have tried to use the already logged in user credentials. You can ask her to login into her DocuSign account via SSO and ensure it is the correct one. After then authenticate with Salesforce, which should use the logged in user to authenticate, which should work.

The email address needs to be exactly the same in DocuSign and in Salesforce. In case you have different domains and used different ones for both systems. This could be another reason that it is not working.

Hi @isaac cordova,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!