Skip to main content
Question

Using DocuSign with Stripe

• 29 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a SaaS product which already uses Stripe, I want to offer users the option to pay by invoice, so I added DocuSign to Stripe and I’ve created a template, but I can’t work out how to set up the workflow where a user clicks on a “pay by invoice” button is given the DocuSign order form. Ideally, I’d like to use a web form, but there’s no obvious pathway for managing these features and the documentation seems to be all about hitting the SEO algorithms rather than helping users. Do I have to use the DocuSign API for this process?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@woodbine 

To integrate Stripe payment processing with DocuSign, follow these steps:

1. Add Your Stripe Payment Gateway: If not already done, integrate your Stripe payment gateway with DocuSign. This allows you to collect payments directly through your documents.

Learn how to Add a Payment Gateway (docusign.com)

2. Configure Payment Tab: Once integrated, configure the Payment Tab within your document templates. This tab enables you to set up payment fields where recipients can make payments while signing.

3. Additional Resources: For detailed guidance, refer to the Requesting One-Time Payments Along with Signatures (docusign.com) video tutorial. This resource provides comprehensive instructions on setting up and using payment features in DocuSign.

If you generate invoices from your own application and pass data into DocuSign templates, you can specify invoice amounts in the Payment Tab. This allows you to request payments from recipients before they can finalize the document envelope.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @woodbine,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.