Skip to main content
Question

Maximum number of Active custom connect configurations exceeded. - When an envelope status changes (Connect) (V3) - DocuSign

• 18 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi

Since last weekend my flow fails all the time due to problems with "

When an envelope status changes (Connect) (V3)" stage as a trigger.
The trigger does not pick up any envelopes sent from DocuSign and gives me this message all the time "Maximum number of Active custom connect configurations exceeded. Try disabling or removing existing custom configurations." 
I removed everything I could, checked my connections, there is not many and it still do not work. 
Everything was working fine last week and something happened over the weekend and cause this problem now.
Please help.

Having the same issue. Very frustrating.

Seems to be a bug that each time a DocuSign trigger is triggered in Power Automate, it's establishing a new connection. This chews up the 20 config connection limit very quickly. Slightly more info in the thread below:

MAX_CONNECT_CUSTOM_CONFIGURATION_FOR_ACTIVE_REST_PAYLOAD_EXCEEDED | Community (docusign.com)

The work around, is to delete existing connections as they appear here:

Connect | DocuSign

You'll notice there's only twenty at a time.

I also recommend switching off any unnecessary flows triggered by DocuSign events in PA, such as any dev or UAT flows that you're not testing. Deleting the connection has no adverse effects on the flow, each time the flow runs, a new connection is made. 

Thank you @alexiscool3014 for responding. Is there any timeline for when this bug will be resolved? Please let me know.

@eccmp112 

The fix for Microsoft Power Automate was deployed everywhere and issue has been resolved. Microsoft Power Automate will not create new duplicate DocuSign Connect configurations going forward..

However, if you still have duplicate DocuSign Connect configurations in your account right now, you need to delete them manually.

Best practice is to rename the configuration name in Power Automate, e.g. add a “V2” at the end and save it. Then delete all other DocuSign Connect configurations with the old name.

Hi @eccmp112 and @alexiscool3014,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance with this, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.