Skip to main content
Solved

File format

• 19 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Is it possible that the recipient download the original file format and not only a PDF version?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@YN42 When you upload a document into an envelope, that document is automatically converted from to a PDF file from whatever the originating format such as TXT or DOCX.  The envelope document now will always be a PDF file when it is downloaded and there is no option to download to another format.  You would need to look at converting the PDF file to another format via another application but that could potentially break the electronic seal that is set on that file.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @YN42,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

The envelope is converted to PDF when signed to be formalized, You can go to previous versions in CLM though, but it will not have the signatures.