Skip to main content
Question

Authenticate SMS Not Sent When Traveling Outside US

• 26 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Is there a reason why the SMS authentication code was not when someone is traveling internationally. Situation …..US based phone (T-mobile) being used outside the US while traveling for business.

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@WelshG 

When someone travels internationally and uses a US-based phone for SMS authentication, a few potential issues could prevent the authentication code from being received:

Roaming Restrictions: Even if the phone plan includes international roaming, the local carrier in the foreign country might have restrictions on sending or receiving SMS from international numbers.

Carrier Compatibility: The local carrier network might not be fully compatible with the home network, leading to issues with receiving SMS messages, especially if the message is sent from an automated service like DocuSign's authentication system.

Ensure that international roaming is active and that there are no restrictions on receiving international SMS.

Confirm with the local carrier that there are no issues or blocks on receiving international SMS from the US.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @WelshG,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!