Skip to main content

I sent a document to 3 signatories. All signatories claim to have signed, but only 2 of 3 signatures appear on the document. The 3rd (missing) signatory texted screenshot of signature field with DocuSign signature stamp, showing that he did, in fact, sign. Why then does signature not appear on doc? How to get signature to appear on the document?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I am sorry to hear that your signer's signature was not stamped in your document as expected, but I will gladly help you find the root cause of the issue as soon as possible.

If you have confirmed that the recipient and envelope show as completed, this behavior is usually related to 2 main root causes, either the signer adopted a small signature (or dot) or used a blank file as their signature.

To prevent this from happening you may set a signature adoption restriction in Settings>Signing Settings>Signature Adoption Configuration>Minimum Pixel Size.

For more details on how to work with this setting, see:

Minimum Pixel Size

It is important to note that any restrictions applied to the Signature Adoption Configuration settings will only apply to signatures being adopted during your signing session. Any previously adopted signatures will not be affected by your selection and will still be available to the signer to choose from.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for the quick reply.

DocuSign shows the recipient as "Needs to Sign" even though the recipient has signed. See attached screenshots.

Peter

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

Since the recipient in the envelope shows as "Needs to Sign" that means that the reason why their signature is not showing in the document is that they have missed clicking "Finish" after applying their signature.

Once they have completed their action, their signature will be burned into the PDF.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!