Skip to main content
When I attempt to open Esignature from Google Chrome I receive a error message which says "cannot proceed - server error occurred." How did I fix this problem?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

Are you getting this error when trying to access the DocuSign eSignature app (https://app.docusign.com)?

Or is this happening while attempting to use DocuSign through integration with another application, like Google Drive or Gmail?

If you are facing the first scenario, I would suggest making sure that you have exhausted the following steps:

*Ensuring that Google Chrome is running the latest version of the application.

*Clearing browser cache and cookies, as explained here.

*Confirm if the issue happens consistently across other networks, devices, and browsers.

In the case that you might be facing the second scenario, there have been cases in the past in which at the moment of authenticating your user through an integration (like Google Drive for example) the application could run into trouble and display the error in question if there are 2 users related to the same login credentials.

To correct this issue, you would want to make sure that the user that is being connected to the integration is the one that was given access to your application (in most cases this would be your corporate account) by setting it up as the "Default" account for access.

If you want to set your corporate account to be the default, please follow these steps:

1) Log in at https://app.docusign.com

2) Click on Switch Accounts until you are certain you are viewing the corporate account.

3) Go to My Preferences >General Settings>Your Default eSignature Account.

4) Click on "Set as default account".

For detailed steps on this process, see:

Set a default account

Once this is done, log out of DocuSign and try to send a document through your DocuSign integration, to confirm if the issue has been solved.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!