Skip to main content
  1. Can a Docusign admin edit a document after it is signed? 
  2. Can a Docusign admin sign on behalf of another user? 
  3. Can a Docusign admin manipulate or edit signatures in any way? 

@California - No, they cannot do any of the 3 actions you asked. 

The DocuSign Administrator permission profile grants specific privileges to users who manage DocuSign accounts and settings. This permission profile can do:

1. User Management:

• View All Users: Administrators can see all users within the organization.
    • Add Users: They can add new users to the organization.
    • Edit User Profile:
      • Non-administrators: Administrators can edit profiles for non-admin users.
      • DocuSign administrators or account administrators: They can edit their own profiles but no other administrators’.
    • Close Users: Administrators can deactivate user accounts.
  2. Account Management:

• View All Accounts: Administrators can see all accounts linked to the organization.
    • Compare Account Settings: They can compare settings across different accounts.
    • Link/Unlink Accounts to Organization: Administrators can associate or disassociate accounts with the organization.
  3. Bulk Actions:

• Export Account Settings: Administrators can export account settings.
    • Import Account Settings: They can import account settings.
    • Export Users: Administrators can export user data.
    • Import Users: They can import user data.
    • View Account Settings Bulk Actions Activity: Administrators can track bulk actions related to account settings.
    • View Users Bulk Actions Activity: They can monitor bulk actions related to users.
  4. Reporting:

• Export Envelope Reports: Administrators can export envelope-related reports.
    • Access DocuSign Monitor: They can access monitoring features.
    • View Envelope Reports Bulk Actions Activity: Administrators can track bulk actions related to envelope reports.

You can give some of these functions to other permission profiles if you create modified versions of these profiles.

Hi @California,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!