Skip to main content

Hi there

I am having trouble solving a signing workflow challenge.  Looking for ideas on how to get around it.

I have an enrollment agreement for a course templated in Docusign.  It’s an online course so people who are interested answer some application questions and then fill in and sign the enrollment agreement.  Once they do that, our admissions team gets the application and the learner signed agreement.  If all looks good, ideally our team could counter sign the agreement and then everyone would automatically receive a copy.

Our challenge is that sign the learner signs first and since it is all online, we don’t know who they are.  We don’t want to add the friction of having to go through email verification - we just want them to filling the form, sign via docusign and then we countersign and everyone gets a copy.

We are struggling with how to do this without the email verification step.

Any thoughts welcome!

@rtarnold 

Without the email verification step anybody could just complete the PowerForm and pretend they are someone else, which can result in fraud and a lot of extra work on your side to resolve all situations.

If they register first and log into a portal, you could embed the enrolment agreement into your website and use embedded signing instead of a PowerForm.

You could add an attachment field to the envelope and ask them to upload a picture of an ID or you may want to take a look at the ID Verification options that Docusign offers to know who they are.

Hi @rtarnold,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!