Skip to main content

Why are there not standard fields for basic things like address, phone number etc?

Also, when creating a template, why do i have to add recipients info rather than just being able to use the template generally for the future?

For example, I’m building a template for a new employee package, why can’t i have it set up to just plug in a new employees name?

I’m not new to tech but i’m new to docusign and i find it very awkward to learn...help?

@coastgarden Text fields would be the correct DocuSign field to use where you could specify a length based on the space within the document.  Text fields have “validation” options in the field panel to the right when a field is highlighted.  Validations include “email”, SSN, number etc.  An Address would be difficult to define in a “validation” as they can be of varying length and characters.  However you can set custom validations in the form of Regular Expressions.

Template do not require all Recipient data to be filled out in the Template only the Recipient Role.  So f you add a Recipient, then set a “Role” as “Employee” you can then select Next to set field associated to that Recipient. Then when using the Template, you would be required to add Name and Email address before sending.  

Hi @coastgarden,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.