Skip to main content

I am having problems when downloading a pdf and uploading it into docusign. I’m on a Mac..I have to print up the document and rescan. I don’t understand what finding a new pdf finder means. How do I unlock the requirement for a password. Why isn’t there a chat or number I can call someone to help me. This is happening to me everyday and it is quite annoying. 

@Lisle 

This issue has been reported before and it has to do with your default app configured for being Preview on Mac. This can result in a password being set for the document when you open it, which is not related to Docusign but to your Mac. Choosing a different default PDF application, e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader or Nitro or Foxit … resolved the issue for those that reported this behaviour before.

When creating an envelope you cannot upload a password protected file, as there is no option to input a password. You need to remove the password from the PDF before uploading so Docusign can open it.

The easiest solution for removing a password from a PDF file is to use the Softaken PDF Unlocker application. Password security for one or more PDF files can be quickly and easily removed by choosing the best option. You can easily remove the password and any restrictions on editing, copying, and printing PDF files if your computer does not have Adobe Reader installed. It supports earlier versions of Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, 8, 7, 10, and 11. To quickly learn more about the main features of the program, explore it and download the trial version.

Hi @Lisle,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?  If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!