Skip to main content

(Basic free plan)   Can you as the sender, opt out of receiving a copy of the signed document?  Because we sending forms that require SS#, I'd rather upload the document from our Docusign account.  An email always includes an attachment of the signed document that includes all of the sensitive information

Hi @bookkeeper,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been receiving your envelope's completed documents delivered along with sensitive data, but I will gladly help you correct the issue as soon as possible. Your user's email notification settings are managed in My Preferences>Notifications. For detailed steps on how to manage your email notifications, see:

How do I manage my Docusign email notifications?

However, I would also recommend disabling the email notification attachment in Settings>Signing Settings>Envelope Delivery>Attach Completed Documents to Completion Email, as well as masking the fields that will hold sensitive information by selecting the “Hide Text with Asterisks” setting in the Field Properties menu. You can find more details on these settings, here:

How to Hide Text

Signing Settings

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

​Hi @bookkeeper,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!