Skip to main content

Is there a way to have the "CC Receives A Copy" document recipients receive the copy of the document ONLY AFTER ALL have signed it?

Yes, use the Signing Order checkbox on the envelope creation and set the last Recipient to be last in the Signing Order and set to "Receives a Copy". Therefore, that action would execute as soon as the last Recipient who is set to "Needs to Sign" has completed their action.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

David is right, if you set a signing order for your envelope and place your CC recipient at the end of the workflow, your recipient will only get the completed version of the document.

For detailed steps on how to set a signing order, see:

Set a Signing Order

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Thanks Fellas! I don't really want to set an order for those needing to sign though. Is there another way?

You can actually set the Signing Order for all "Needs to Sign" as the same value so lets say you have 5 "Needs to Sign" and you want to set the "Receives a Copy" to get the completed document after all Signers, you set the first 5 "Needs to Sign" as "1" in the Signing Order then the 6th Recipient as "Receives a Copy" as "2" in the Signing Order. Therefore all the Recipients 1-5 get the notification to sign at the same time, once all have signed it executes Signing Order 2.

David:

Last question….

Is there a way for “CC Receives A Copy” to receive the document ONLY AFTER the document has been executed (signed by everyone)?

Thank you again!
brian

@Brian Heinrich​ You can but it requires the use of Signing Order. Adding this as the last Recipient (last in the Signing Order), and as "Receives a Copy" ensures that Recipient only gets a copy once all other Recipients have completed their actions.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your concern.

As David mentioned, this workflow will require you to place the CC recipient at the end of your signing order, without a signing order all recipients in the envelope will receive the email at the same time.

To David, I really appreciate your input, your answers are always very thorough and accurate.

I would like to thank you for your commitment to our DocuSign Community, your efforts do not go unnoticed.

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

David

Thank you again for all your help!…last question. It seems everyone gets an “initial” email to sign, then a second email signaling that everyone has signed.

By using the signing order you described, do the "Receives a Copy" individuals get just the one email (“Completed”) AFTER EVERYONE signs?

Thank you again!

brian

Correct, as long as the Recipient hasn't disabled that type of notification, the Recipient set as last in the Signing Order as "Receives a Copy" gets a notification after every other Recipient has taken action (signed).

Great! As long as the "Receives a Copy" folks just get ONE email after everyone signs, that’s what I need to confirm.

Thank you sir!

brian
I have a number of separate documents that need a DocuSign signature. Can I consolidate all the documents that need signature into 1 email? Trying to avoid sending out multiple emails to the same people asking for signatures.

Thank you!
Brian

@Brian Heinrich​  In terms of an envelope, you can add multiple documents into a single envelope and tag each document in that envelope for Signatures. The completion email will still send out attachments that are separate attachments for each document. The only way to have a single attachment would be to combine all documents into one document in the envelope you send.

Ty again David!!

brian
If you are still waiting on one person to docusign, can you resend just to that one person? Rather not the whole group get the email.

Ty!
brian

@Brian Heinrich​ By using the "Resend" option on the envelope you are only sending the notification to the Active Recipient.

The link has “expired” for the 1 person that needs to sign. Is there a way to fix that without having everyone needing to sign again?

Notifications can expire but I want to make sure that its the notification and not the envelope that has expired. If the notification expired which it can after 24 hours then opening the notification should provide a message and send a new notification or you can use "Resend" to have a new notification sent for the envelope to the active Recipient. If the envelope has expired then the envelope is void and a new envelope needs to be sent and all Recipients will need to take actions on the new envelope.