Skip to main content

I am looking to expand on my powerform by giving the initiator of the form the option of adding someone as a cc role for the completed copy. Not everyone using the link will need that, so I am trying to see if there is a way to make that an optional piece. Currently, I have roles set up that the initiator fills in who the form is going to next for approval and those are required before filling out the form. Can I add an "optional" cc role if they want the completed copy of the powerform to forward to another department?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience, currently, there is no option to achieve this, the closest option that we offer is Conditional Recipients, but based on your description this method is not feasible for the action required.

For reference please see https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=jbx1643062255110&topicId=wxj1597264265387.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thanks Christopher. Looking at the conditional recipients piece.... If I were to have a YES/NO field in the document that asks if this needs to be cc'd to "Legal Dept" (as an example)..... Could I then designate the YES answer to then send to the CC role, but if NO it would not send to the CC role. I understand that I would need to hard code the email in the CC Role so it isn't quite what I was asking about the initiator sending the cc role to whoever they designate, but maybe it's a workaround for me.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

You could do that, but the downside is as you stated you will be the one to provide the email for the CC the powerform initiator cannot enter that information, another workaround would be to have a role for the CC if the initiator does not require one they will need to put their own information.

Best regards,

Thanks. If I were to use that work around where the initiator enters their own information again, would DocuSign see the initiator and the cc copy are the same email address and therefore only send one completed copy of the email or would they end up receiving multiple copies?

Hello,

The recipient will end up receiving two envelope notifications.

Best regards,

Thanks Chris. I decided to test out a single radio button with a conditional routing group for the CC. It will help. When I was testing, I noticed that the role that was set to CC got the completed powerform as I set it up with the conditional rule. However, I noticed that the body of the email that the CC role got says "To sign the PowerForms document, Click the link below.." It then is a link back to my Powerform start page as if doing a new form. I think this is confusing for the person only being CC'd.

1. A CC role would not need to sign the document so not sure why that came out that way, It says all parties have completed right above the statement about signing and the link. Am I missing something else in the set-up?cc role email body

2nd test = when I put a specific message customizing the email to the individual cc role, the "To sign the PowerForms document" went away. Putting this here in case anyone comes looking for something similar later.....