Skip to main content
Is it possible to flag the actual signers of a document, but send the package to an intermediary recipient?

For example, I would like to add the signers to a document, but send it to his admin first, is that possible?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

If what you are looking for is to allow the signer's admin to correct your recipient's contact details, you can assign them the Specify/Update Recipients or Allow to Edit recipient action, depending on the context.

You can find more details on when to use each recipient action, here:

Manager Recipients

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

I don't want them to change anything. Basically what I'm looking to do is add the signatures for Mickey Mouse throughout the document, but instead of emailing the package to Mickey Mouse, I'd like to send it to his admin's email. She will review then send to him for signature.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

You can set this workflow by including a recipient with the "Needs to Sign" action for the admin and placing it before Mickey Mouse in your signing order.

In this way, you can assign an "Approve" field to the admin, which will let them control if the envelope is sent for signature to Mickey or not.

For detailed steps on how to set a signing order, see:

Set a Signing Order

Please feel free to let us know if you have any follow-up questions and we will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

This is perfect!! Thanks so much!