Skip to main content

Hello, I am operating in a weird jurisdiction that partially accept digital signature, only if the digital signature looks the same as the person's signature in their passport/IDs. However, the current DocuSign default setting for signee signature is an autogenerated signature that looks like the typed version of their name. This results in us having to re-send signing invitations so people can correct their signature, which is highly inefficient, especially when signees are unfamiliar with DocuSign features.

Is it possible to disable this 'default' and as an exchange, making 'Draw' or 'Upload' the default?

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you want your recipients to draw or upload their signatures instead of adopting it.

Yes, this can be removed and the Draw/upload can be selected as the default. To do so, you would need assistance from your account admin, they would need to go to:

1. Settings
  2. Signing Settings
  3. Signature Adoption Configuration: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=dqc1583277355406.html&_LANG=enus
  4. Change the default option: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=xdk1583277356612.html&_LANG=enus
  5. Save

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi, I forwarded this to the administrator. We have an enterprise account, but were not able to see the Signature Adaption Configuration option. Is it hidden somewhere? It should be there, right? Could you please help, thank you... MicrosoftTeams-image (20)MicrosoftTeams-image (21)