Skip to main content

We've enabled ID Evidence for ID Verification Type - IDV EU Advanced with Liveness (ID Image). Currently, we're receiving the ID image and it's accessible in the envelope record. However, as we're initiating the envelope sending process from Salesforce, the business requirement is to capture the ID document image in the Salesforce record along with the completed signed document. Is this feasible?

@neethujkp

Unfortunately, there is no option at the moment to simply tick to have the ID document image saves to the Salesforce record along with the completed signed document. The ID evidence data is stored on different servers for data privacy reasons.

When sending from Salesforce you are still able to get the ID image from the envelope record directly. However this would be a manual task to retrieve and upload it to Salesforce.

In order to automate the retrieval you should be able to use the DocuSign ID Evidence API, which all require some APEX coding to make the right API calls. I doubt that this functionality is already included in the DocuSign Apex Toolkit for DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce. Therefore, you need to make custom API calls from Salesforce.

DocuSign ID Evidence API: https://developers.docusign.com/docs/idevidence-api/

Thank you, Michael, for your quick reply. Your response has provided me with a clear understanding. I'll communicate this information to our business team.