Skip to main content
I have an envelope that has been signed manually instead of through DocuSign. How can I complete the envelope without voiding it?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

If the recipient used a different platform to sign the envelope you sent, you can either void the envelope or correct the envelope to change the recipient action to "Receives a Copy" instead of "Needs to Sign".

Since you mentioned that you do not want to void the envelope, you can opt to use the correct feature, you can correct the details of in process envelopes that you sent or are shared with you, including the recipient, envelope, and document information.

To correct an envelope you will need to:

1. Go to the Manage tab.
  2. Click on the Sent folder.
  3. Locate the envelope in question.
  4. On the right side of the screen click on the dropdown and select Correct.
  5. You will be able to edit the recipient's information and assigned the recipient as Receives a copy instead of Needs to sign
  6. Click on the Next button and then click the correct button.

If you change the recipient's action to a CC, then the recipient will receive a copy of the document you sent, with no further action required.

You might find the following information useful:

Correct Envelopes

Add Recipients

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator