Skip to main content

I was sent a document for signature by a 3rd party. I opened the relevant link and uploaded my custom signature. I clicked the region to be signed. Unfortunately the image initials appear too small in the document.  Now every time I open the link it uses the same initials to sign and I can't change it. I tried to hover of the logo to get the change signature option but it doesn't show up. How do I resolve this issue?

Hi @Bluerain007,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that your signature is not being applied as expected, but I will gladly help you correct the issue as soon as possible. 

The envelope sender can edit the size of your field, by dragging the blue dot at its corner. However, in my experience, if they upload a file to DocuSign, and their fields appear very small, then the cause is likely one of the following:

• The resolution of the uploaded file
  • The page size of the uploaded file

For more details on this topic, see: 

Fields appear too small when tagging and sending an Envelope 

If the problem is not related to the fields in the document, but to the signature you adopted. As long as the envelope in question is related to your active DocuSign user and your action has not been completed, you will be able to change your signature after it was applied by left-clicking it and selecting "Change". 

Also, you are able to update your adopted signatures in Manage Profile>Signatures. 

For more details on this topic, see: 

How do I change my signature or adopt a custom signature? 

If the option to change your signature is not present, then you are most likely facing one of the scenarios mentioned below:

• You do not have an active DocuSign Account
  • You are signing using:
    • DocuSign mobile apps
    • In Person Signing Session
    • Digital Signatures/Universal Signatures (CFR part 11, etc.)
    • Sign and Return
  • Sender has locked recipients names

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this.  

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!  

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

Hi @Bluerain007,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

I have a similar problem. I’ve accidentally drawn a full signature in the “initials” field. Now it is too big. I want to change it but I can’t.

The context is:

- I’ve never used DocuSign before

- I’ve received the link to the document via mail.

- I’ve started to fill out the form. My name was pre-filled and I have drawn my intials (wrongly).

- After realizing that I can’t change it (no change box appears after left click) I have created an account (with the same mail adress). I did NOT submit the form yet.

- I’ve added a correct signature and initials to my account.

- However the document is not related to the account so I cannot use them.

What can I or the person that created the document do in order to fix this?

Hi @toasty,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

In your case I would recommend reaching out to the sender, so they can try deleting your recipient role in the signing order, or recreate the envelope, if you have already completed your action.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!