Skip to main content
I accidentally dragged the wrong signer's name to a signature box. The document has already gone out. How do I change it and re-send?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

For envelopes that are pending (have not been completed yet), you can correct them and add modify the fields assigned to your recipient.

To correct an envelope you will need to:

1. Go to the Manage tab.
  2. Click on the Sent folder.
  3. Locate the envelope in question.
  4. On the right side of the screen click on the dropdown and select Correct.
  5. You will be able to click on the Next button to edit the fields added, you can delete the ones pending and change the recipient that they were assigned to.
  6. Click the Correct button.

Please keep in mind that currently, correct is only available to users with paid DocuSign plans. Free accounts cannot use the correct feature. In addition, Correct is not supported in the DocuSign iOS mobile app or in mobile web browsing, and some accounts have only a more basic correct feature, which supports correcting some of the recipient information only.

Here are some resources you might find useful:

Correct Envelopes

To add fields to a document

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator