Skip to main content

I just enrolled in DocuSign.  I’m preparing simple contracts to be emailed. At the bottom of the contract, I have a signature line. From the left side of the screen, I drug the “Signature” field over to the document and placed it on the signature line, which created a “Sign” area in yellow with a downward area.  On the date line of the contract, I drug the “Date Signed” field over to the agreement.

Do these actions automatically allow the recipient of the document to sign it and date it or is there something else I must do?   Since I’m the only user of my DocuSign account, I don’t know if I have any administrator access.

Thanks for your assistance. 

Hello @Litig8r1978

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that you have recently signed up for DocuSign and currently preparing contracts to send via email. You have added a signature line to the bottom of the contract by dragging the "Signature" field onto the document, additionally, You have placed the "Date Signed" field onto the agreement's date line. However, you are unsure if these actions automatically enable recipients to sign and date the document. 

I am more than happy to assist you with this, after you added the fields there is no extra step that needs to be done, when your recipients get the envelope, the Date field will match the date that your recipient completes the envelope.

To confirm if you have admin access is simple in the home page of the Docusign Web App, if you have a setting tab that means you have Admin Rights.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Litig8r1978,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.