Skip to main content

Every time someone tries to fill out our web form this security pop up comes out first. It is unintuitive and complicated to solve. How do we deactivate it? We wouldn't mind a captcha if it were simple and unintrusive, but this is simply horrible and is complicating things more than necessary.

Every time someone tries to fill out our web form this security pop up comes out first. It is unintuitive and complicated to solve. How do we deactivate it? We wouldn't mind a captcha if it were simple and unintrusive, but this is simply horrible and is complicating things more than necessary.

Hello @Ribuloides ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you get a captcha each time you would like to use the Web Form, I understand you would like to disable it.

Unfortunately, this is not possible, our services have multiple layers of protection to detect malicious requests and enforce rate limiting to reduce the chance of a Denial of Service (DoS) attack. For example, whenever we detect unusual behavior, we will require a “challenge” (similar to CAPTCHA) in order for a user to submit the form.

The “challenge” functionality is provided by a specialized third-party vendor and operates in “transparent mode”, as detailed below:

• Transparent mode is the security mode with the least impact on the user.
  • Transparent mode does not show an Enforcement Challenge (EC) at all, as long as the user:
    • Has an extremely clean past record
    • Has a normal-looking device
    • Has not used this feature very much in the recent past
    • Has not been flagged as suspicious based on other characteristics
  • Otherwise. the user will see the challenge (captcha) if they do not meet the above requirements

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Ribuloides,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

We have encountered the same issue with the security on web forms. Although we understand the need to be secure, this is extremely inconvenient when using web forms in certain instances. For our example we utilized web forms at the end of a student led event to survey the participants. This event spanned 8 weeks, one day a week. The same iPads and form URL were used every time. Some of the participants were older and not tech savvy. This caused a lot of frustration, leading many to prefer paper to this digital method. Shouldn’t security of the web forms be something customers can control based on our needs? For this event next year we will most likely not utilize DocuSign web forms solely because of this one issue. As a side note, I placed a support ticket for this issue several months ago and was told the security was NOT coming from DocuSign, that it must be on our side. We dug into our network, browser settings, hardware settings, anything we could think of trying to track this down. We suspected all along it was a DocuSign problem. Thank you for finally confirming this.

Hello @kreedpauley75 ,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about your experience,

We understand the frustration the captcha verification on Web Forms can cause both you and your signers.

However, as mentioned in the previous post, removing this is not possible as the “challenge” functionality is provided by a specialized third-party vendor and operates in “transparent mode”.

Our deepest apologies for the inconvenience, please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,

While signing a webform in the development environment, testers are getting this message “Unable to load CAPTCHA verification. Please refresh this page.”. How can we correct this ?

Hello @Mgupta6 ,

I see you posted your concern in a separate post, please continue on that post for assistance:

Best regards,