Skip to main content

I need to create a template with placeholder recipients. The doc I will link to in a signup form, the signer will be different each time. When I upload the document it asks for recipients and does not give an option for placeholder. How do I create this? Am I in the right place? I go to Create a template, load the document and then this is the screen I get. Any help is appreciated!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Yes, you are in the right place! The tile you see there will act as the placeholder, all you have to do is input a Role name (Ex: Signer 1, CEO, etc.) and after that, you would just leave the name and email blank: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=xry1643227563338&topicId=lsg1578456368117.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you! Very helpful! How do I create a link to the template?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

With PowerForms, your business can generate on-demand, self-service documents for signature. You’ll be able to eliminate document preparation time (by using a pre-existing template), and easily pull collected data into your existing applications. A link can be generated that can be emailed, sent via SMS (on certain enterprise plans), or embedded into your website.

For more details on how to use PowerForms, please click on the link below: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=jbx1643062255110&topicId=eke1578456649038.html&_LANG=enus

Note: If you don’t have permission to create PowerForms, you should contact the DocuSign Admin at your company to see if it’s available.

If you don't have an admin, some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!