Skip to main content
How do I change my signature

Do you have a DocuSign login or are you just signing documents sent to you via email?

Thanks, I just got an email and it wanted me to sign in a particular way that was different than the application name. It was accepted so I'm ok but I learned how to go onto the site and edit your signature. In the upper right hand corner , If i recall correctly, you can change the signature and edit the choices.....but as you say the email I got didn't require that I change it. Thanks

Yes, if you have a DocuSign login you can edit the signature on record for your user. Also during signing, with or without an account, you should have options to change the appearance of the signature. I just wondered which case applied so I could provide detailed instructions.

With a login, you can either click Edit next to "My DocuSign ID" or click the profile menu in the top right and select "My Preferences". Then go to Signatures in the left side navigation and edit, delete, or add signatures. You can have multiple signatures for variations on your name (e.g. Jane Doe or Jane W. Doe) so that no matter how someone addresses the envelope, a predefined signature will exist.

While signing a document, you will be asked to adopt a signature if one doesn't already exist. In that "Adopt Your Signature" dialog you can choose whether to Select one of DocuSign's styles, Draw a signature, or Upload a signature.

Even if a signature is on file, you can click the default signature applied and get the option to change that signature.

When you click Change, you are presented with a dialog of all existing signatures and the option to define a new one.

(Screenshots removed due to personal information)

Maxine Williams