Skip to main content
How can I drag & drop the signature boxes with more accuracy on an iPad. It's not as easily done as on the computer & I have to delete and start over every time. Really aggravating.

Hi @Helen Cho​  - I did a test on my iPad to see if I could replicate your experience. I have the same problem placing tags on my iPad when I access the DocuSign Web App via my browser (Safari) like I would if I was on my desktop.

When I used the DocuSign Mobile App instead, it was so much easier on the iPad. I recommend using the mobile app on your iPad whether docs need to be tagged or if you already have your templates set up in your account.

Thanks for the great question 😊

DS Mobile: https://www.docusign.com/features-and-benefits/mobile

Hi Amy - thanks for your reply. I was actually talking about the Docusign mobile app for iPad. I drag it over with my finger and if it doesn't place perfectly the first time, I can't just move it from where placed like online - I have to delete it and attempt it again. Or is there a way to move it where I want once placed?

Hi @Helen Cho​ ! I have a screen recording from my iPad that I cannot attach at the moment, so I'll try to see if I can explain it instead:

1. I touch/click the signature icon at the top once, then touch anywhere on the doc.
  2. The yellow signature tab appears. I lift my finger off of the tag for a second, then touch it again and hold to drag it to the desired signature line.
  3. I'm also able to drag the tag , release, zoom in/out on the doc (using two fingers to zoom), then hold to drag again to place as needed.

I cannot re-size any of the tags except the "Textbox", so there is that limitation vs. being able to re-size the tab itself like we can on the Web App. I have an iPad Pro, and the Apple Pencil worked the same when I tried it.

I hope that helps? Again, my screen recording would have been more useful.

If you're already doing what I've outlined, maybe double-check that you have the most recent version of the DS App installed and that your iOS is updated (?)

Thanks Amy. I did try "pressing" on the signature again to move it without success, but maybe I didn't do it right. I'll try it again. Glad you mentioned the pencil, because my thought before reaching out was "maybe the pencil would make it easier"...and since you've tried it with success, I just may go buy a pencil. Last - I have an iPad pro as well, but not the big one. It's the regular size. Are you using the big one? Maybe that's why it works better for you?

Hi Helen. Yes, I have the 12.9" iPad Pro.. I also tried my iPad again, but holding in vertically since I had originally tested holding my iPad horizontally. Same results for dragging the tags, etc. but in the vertical mode I can resize the signature tag itself.

I tested the DS App on my phone too just to see if it was a screen-sizing issue.On my phone, it works the same as far as moving the tag around regardless of holding on a vertical and horizontal angle. Maybe the DS app is a little "buggy" with the iPad Pros and how the technology is built for the Apple pencil, etc. since the iPhone (which doesn't work with the Pencil) functions as expected.

Perhaps deleting, then reinstalling the app on your iPad will work? Might be worth a try especially since unlike me, you cannot get as far w/ dragging the tag itself.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I'll pass some the challenges we both have to the DS mobile team. 😊

Great thank you so much!

So how can we get DocuSign to fix either the browser version or the IOS app to function correctly.  In the browser version there are no handles to resize text boxes, so you can’t type more than 15 characters of text or you get a big column.  I can change the text boxes in the IOS app, but can’t resize the signature, date, initial tags.  I spend hours now doing what I used to be able to do in much less time.  I also have the problem in the IOS app with the text and other fields not responding if they are misplaced; they can’t be dragged to a new position, or deleted!  I end up going back and forth between the two versions!  

I see that this thread started 5 years ago - how can we get fixes?