Skip to main content

A frequent signer without an account needs to change his signature. I've only found instructions for signers with a DocuSign account to change their signature.

Here is what I found using a test email address that is not tied to any existing DocuSign account.

With a new envelope I am presented with the Adopt a Signature box, where I can draw, upload or choose a pre-defined signature.

I did not see nor am I provided with any option to Clear or Change the signature once I have adopted a signature. I used Resend and the signature defaulted back to the signature I chose upon first signing the envelope. The only method I could use that allowed me to adopt a new signature was to void the envelope and send a new envelope. The new envelope once again presented me with the Adopt a Signature.

Now typically when I use a DocuSign User account I see the option to "Change" my signature when I select the Signature Block twice. This seems like it should be the same for Recipients who do not have a DocuSign account in case they made some mistake when they do the Adopt a Signature.

My recommendation if the Recipient needs to change the signature is to void the original envelope, then copy and send a new one, they should be re-prompted to Adopt a Signature. I would also advise creating a DocuSign Support case as this seems to be a possible defect on how I would expect a Recipient/Signer without a DocuSign account to be able to easily change their signature if a mistake was made.

Hi there, so I has the same mentioned issue with an external user whom I sent an envelop to request signing (external user did not have an account) As he was the first in line to sign, I told him not to complete the document, instead, I went back to correct the document.

From there, I deleted him as the recipient, then add him back and input the pages which needed his signature. Finish the correction and resend the document. He was able to re-select another signature style upon receiving the new link prompt. Hope this helps!