Skip to main content
Hi, my recipient is telling me that he cannot choose to upload his personnal signature when I send him an enveloppe. I checked the settings and I do not see any option to change this.
Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand your recipient is looking to change the signature.

We offer the option of changing your signature either directly in your user profile or during a signing session. 

You can find detailed steps on how to change your signature in both scenarios, here: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-do-I-change-my-signature-or-adopt-a-custom-signature-NDSE?language=en_US 

However, it’s also important to note that there are a few times the option to change your signature won’t be available. Those exceptions are listed below: 

You will not be able to change a signature if you are: 

• Using DocuSign Mobile Apps 
  • In-Person Signing Session 
  • Using Digital Signatures/Universal Signatures (CFR part 11, etc.) 
  • Using Sign and Return 
  • The sender has locked the recipient’s names 
  • Do not have an active DocuSign Account 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick answer.

What means The sender has locked the recipients names

Is this something asked during the preparation of the envelope and signature box?

Many thanks.

Hello,

You can limit the recipient changes the manager can make by locking any recipient's name or email address. For any recipient, click Customize, select Advanced Settings, and mark the options to lock items as needed. For example, you might want to lock the recipient name to preserve it just as you've entered it. However, you want to allow the manager recipient to modify the email address. So you would lock the name and leave the email unlocked.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=jby1578456306161.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.