Skip to main content
Question

Group Email with 1 signer not known in advance

• 7 August 2024
  • 4 replies

Our Envelope recipient has a back-office group email address. Whomever receives the email will sign. As it is a group address with a lot of individual turnover, we dont know the specific signer in advance. Depends who is working that day. Thus, when add the group email address as a recipeint, we dont have a name go with it. How we accomodate for this in a template?

Note - I think I would use the Specify Recipients functions, but I am not sure. As in this case, the signer is based on who in the back-office groups happens to be first to open the Envelope. Can the Specify’er and the Signer be the same?

Hi @KPC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

Even though the Specify Recipients action could work in this scenario, I personally believe that you would benefit from exploring the option of implementing a PowerForm instead. With PowerForms, your business can generate on-demand, self-service documents for signature. You’ll be able to eliminate document preparation time (by using a pre-existing template), and easily pull collected data into your existing applications. A link can be generated that can be emailed, sent via SMS (on certain enterprise plans), or embedded into your website. For more details on how to use PowerForms, please click on the link below 

PowerForms Overview 

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.  

Compare eSignature plans & pricing  

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!  

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

@KPC 

I recommend to use a Signing Group as the recipient and to keep that group up to date. When people join or leave you update the signing group accordingly. If you leverage a template, lock the signing group as recipient.

​Hi @KPC,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!