Skip to main content

When I first downloaded the app on my phone and needed to send a document to get signed I loaded the document and it offered to scan the document and then put put fields where they needed to be.  It only left like 1 or 2 spots open that it didn’t “identify” as a spot to fill in.

It won’t allow me to do this again.  Is there something I am missing?  Part of the reason I went ahead with the full version was I thought it was just showing all the things it could do at the premium level.  It won’t let me load a document and it scan it to add the text fields.  I now have to individually place each and everyone one of them.  

What am I missing? 

Hello @Psco1987 ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the Document Scanning for Docusign Mobile is not working for you. I understand that you were able to add fields automatically when scanning the document.

What kind of phone do you have? (android or iOS) 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

I have a Samsung S23 Ultra.  

I made another account and did it again.

It seems as if it only did this for the "tutorial" at the beginning of the tutorial for the first time you load a document to add fields.  

Is there a way to do this every time?

Hello @Psco1987 ,

Thank you for reaching back.

There is a feature available only for iOS regarding scanning documents but doesn’t look to be what you are exactly referring to: Document Scanning for Docusign Mobile 

The only feature that is available in Docusign that adds fields automatically is the AutoPlace feature and it will require to edit the document prior to uploading it on to Docusign. For more information, please view the following article: Add Fields Automatically with AutoPlace

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Hello @Psco1987 ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,