Skip to main content

I created an expense form that will serve as a request for travel form and reconciliation form. The form has multiple pages dependent on the selections that are made. The traveler will start the form. They will add the expected expense and submit the docusign for the various levels of approvals. My question can the form go from the traveler, to the first approver and then 2nd approver(if applicable), then return back to the traveler to complete the after travel reconciliation part of the form and then to the first approver?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you would like your form to go to the first signer for the completion of part of the document then to the approvers and then back to the first signer for the completion of the rest of the document to culminate with the first approver.

Yes, this can be possible by adding the Signer and the first Approver multiple times in the document and assigning the fields depending on your needs. In other words, after clicking Manage > New > Send an Envelope/Use a template, you will click the checkbox next to “Set Signing Order” in the  “Add Recipients to the Envelope” section. Once that’s done, you’ll be able to add a  number next to each recipient that will designate who will sign first, second, third, etc. All recipients are color coded. The order should go something like this:

1. Traveler (add fields for the part of the document that needs to be filled in first)
  2. First Approver
  3. Second Approver
  4. Traveler (Add the rest of the fields to the form that needs to be filled)
  5. Frist Aprover

You can find more details on how to set up a signing order here: 

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-signing-order 

You can find detailed steps on how to add recipients to your envelopes, here: 

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-add-recipients

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Would the people on 1-3 receive notification of completing the first part, before the reconciliation part takes place?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

No, they would be getting a notification once the whole envelope is completed.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

I completed the form.

Thanks to everyone for their repsonses.