Skip to main content

Hi there, 

I am about to exceed my envelope limit. If I delete old envelopes that aren’t needed anymore, will I be able to continue or do I need to upgrade my plan? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello @Katja ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that your envelope limit is almost exceeded, I understand you would like to know the next steps to avoid this and continue using DocuSign.

Before we start, I would like you to know that the Envelope Limit is not about the amount of envelopes you have in the account (completed, voided, in progress, etc.) so deleting them will have no affect in your envelope limit.

Envelope Limit is referring to the number of envelopes you have available for sending in your account, depending on your plan you can contact Customer Service and purchase more, if you have a monthly plan you can wait until the billing cycle is over to get a new batch of envelopes or you might need to upgrade. For more information, please view the following article: What happens if I exceed the envelope allowance on my DocuSign eSignature plan?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Katja ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Hello.

I am using a free trial mode docusign. I understood I have a 30-day trial with 5 envelopes. I used a first envelope with a signature test with nine people and it worked perfectly. Now I am trying to sign a document with 24 people and afeter the first five recipientes there is an alert sign saying “The recipient limit on the envelope has been exceeded.”

I don’t understand why I was able to sign a document with 9 recipeints before.

What is the limit of recipients for envelope on the free trial mode? Is there a way I can make 24 people sign?

Thank you

Hello @Luis Rico ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you are having issues with the recipient limit on your free trial account.

“Business Pro Trial - 30 Days” Plans used to have a limit of 10 recipients per envelope, the limit has now been changed to 5 recipients per envelope therefore the error you are getting. If you are needing to add more recipients you would need to upgrade to a paid account. All paid accounts have a limit of 99 recipients: Change your Docusign plan

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,