Skip to main content

Hi 

For your standard and business pro plans it states 100 envelopes per year per user for up to 50 users.  If you have only one user why can they not be allocated the total envelopes in the plan, i.e 5000.

Seems a bit odd and restrictive for small businesses

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul!
For some small businesses with high envelope volumes this may not be the best option. In these scenario, we recommend that you contact DocuSign's Sales team, as they will be able to offer you some personalized plans based on your needs. You can simple reach out to them accessing https://ecom.docusign.com/.

If you need some assistance with it, please let us know!

Hi Paul!
For some small businesses with high envelope volumes this may not be the best option. In these scenario, we recommend that you contact DocuSign's Sales team, as they will be able to offer you some personalized plans based on your needs. You can simple reach out to them accessing https://ecom.docusign.com/.

If you need some assistance with it, please let us know!

Docusign what to charge 3 times to get 300 envelopes, seems mad when other providers give unlimited or high volumes, such as 600 envelopes at less than DocuSign Pro price for 100

Hi Paul,

Firstly, I’m sorry that I cannot help you with this pricing barrier directly. Since I’m not part of the sales team, I don’t have any access to prices other than what our website offers.

What I can say is DocuSign always seeks to offer the best electronic signature experience, providing valuable resources and tools/features, market trust and, above all, a good sending & signing experience. If you have a higher volume of use, comparing to those website plans, I would recommend that you reach out our sales executives, who’ll be able to understand your needs and offer you a plan with a good cost and benefit for you. If you need help with this, please let me know!

Hi Paul,

Firstly, I’m sorry that I cannot help you with this pricing barrier directly. Since I’m not part of the sales team, I don’t have any access to prices other than what our website offers.

What I can say is DocuSign always seeks to offer the best electronic signature experience, providing valuable resources and tools/features, market trust and, above all, a good sending & signing experience. If you have a higher volume of use, comparing to those website plans, I would recommend that you reach out our sales executives, who’ll be able to understand your needs and offer you a plan with a good cost and benefit for you. If you need help with this, please let me know!

Hi Vinicius, as stated Docusign what to charge 3 times to get 300 envelopes, that was quoted from the “commercial team”  Real shame as like the product but no economical and that pricing regime 

Hi 

For your standard and business pro plans it states 100 envelopes per year per user for up to 50 users.  If you have only one user why can they not be allocated the total envelopes in the plan, i.e 5000.

Regards

Paul

@Paul 

The envelope allowance per user is used to determine the total amount of envelopes that you can send. There is no technical limitation to how many envelopes a specific user can send and which will block him to send envelope number 101 for example. If you purchased a total of 5000 envelopes you can send them all with a single user. Which is not uncommon, if we look at integrations that are based on a technical user.

As stated by @Vinicius.Rodrigues please feel free to contact you Account Executive to discuss pricing.

Comparing the DocuSign Enterprise Pro plan with other vendors is like comparing apples and pears. You cannot compare things that are not comparable from a feature perspective and expect the same low price.

Hi 

Regards

Paul

@Paul

The envelope allowance per user is used to determine the total amount of envelopes that you can send. There is no technical limitation to how many envelopes a specific user can send and which will block him to send envelope number 101 for example. If you purchased a total of 5000 envelopes you can send them all with a single user. Which is not uncommon, if we look at integrations that are based on a technical user.

As stated by @Vinicius.Rodrigues please feel free to contact you Account Executive to discuss pricing.

Comparing the DocuSign Enterprise Pro plan with other vendors is like comparing apples and pears. You cannot compare things that are not comparable from a feature perspective and expect the same low price.

As usual, “DocuSign Enterprise Pro” is an attempt to “Add bells and whistle” that are not needed, i just wanted basic signing of documents and there is no option to have just more envelopes, I dont need customer payments, SMS Bulk send.  

What is really misleading is that DocuSign Price plans on the website don’t list the envelope restriction. You only find this in the FAQ - fortunately I found it before signed up - Time to look at supplier who shows you exactly what you get up front.

Hi @Paul,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Paul,

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

No Not resolved - three was no good solutions offered.

DocuSign wanted to charge 3 times the 200 envelope cost.  The farce is that if you need 600 documents signed you could do that by putting 3 documents in each of the 200 envelopes but if you have 600 different clients then you need 600 envelope for just 1 document per envelope.

I found a better supplier that suited my needs at a cost actually cheaper that Docusign.

Hi @Paul,

I am sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced. I realize that this was not the service that you expected, and I apologize for any trouble that we may have caused. We will do our best to correct the situation as soon as possible, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome.

Currently, the number of envelopes you can send for signature depends on your plan type.

eSignature Personal

Our eSignature Personal Plan includes five (5) envelopes every month. Once an envelope is sent, it will count toward this allowance whether or not the envelope is signed or completed. You will be able to correct an envelope in flight before completion without having it count toward the plan allowance. Should you need more than five (5) envelopes per month, you can upgrade to a Standard or Business Pro plan that offers more envelopes and greater flexibility to customize your plan based on your needs.

eSignature Standard and Business Pro

We believe that send volume (i.e., the number of envelopes sent for signature) should not be a deciding factor in selecting your eSignature provider, and we understand that you may not know how many envelopes you’ll need to send for signature in your first year with DocuSign. Based on the historical usage of our existing customer base, we know that 100 envelopes per user per year far exceeds the needs of most customers. 

Therefore, Standard and Business Pro annual plans include an allowance of up to 100 sent envelopes per user per year. Monthly plans include an allowance of up to 10 sent envelopes per user per month. Once an envelope is sent, it will count toward this allowance whether or not the envelope is signed or completed. 

You will be able to correct an envelope in flight before completion without having it count toward the plan allowance. The number of envelopes sent for signature using PowerForms or Bulk Send will also count toward this allowance. 

Should you need more envelopes than the allowance on your plan, you can purchase additional envelopes by logging in to your account and going to the Plans and Billing section of the Settings tab. There, you can purchase and start sending additional envelopes immediately. If you have any questions, our sales team can also help consult on the best plan to meet your needs.

As the administrator of your DocuSign eSignature account, you can access and manage your plan and billing information. This includes viewing your usage details, such as the number of envelopes sent and remaining for the current billing period, as well as making changes to your payment information. Plan and Billing Information.

Send volume is subject to our Reasonable Use Policy. We may prevent you from sending new envelopes if your send volume exceeds Reasonable Use. If this happens, please contact our sales team at 1-877-720-2040.

REALTORS®️

Our DocuSign for REALTORS®️ Plan does not have a hard usage cap, but send volume is subject to our Reasonable Use Policy. We may prevent you from sending new envelopes if your send volume exceeds Reasonable Use. If this happens, please contact our sales team at 1-877-720-2040.

When you exceed the envelope allowance on your DocuSign eSignature plan, it will depend on your specific plan. Envelopes that are sent, whether signed or completed, will count towards your allowance. If you need more envelopes, you can upgrade your plan or purchase additional envelopes. What happens if I exceed the envelope allowance on my DocuSign eSignature plan?

An envelope sent to multiple recipients will count as one envelope toward the account envelope quota, you can have multiple documents for different recipients and use the feature called Document Visibility to limit the information between the recipients of the envelopes, that way you can use a single envelope to be sent to multiple people for multiple documents, however, the downside is that all the recipients will have access to the same certificate of completion and envelopes history, also if one them decide to decline the signature it would void the envelope for all of the recipients.

Envelope History

Certificate of Completion

Some Things To Know About Document Visibility

Use Document Visibility to Control Recipient Access

If you need a single document to be sent to multiple and independent recipients, this will count as one for each recipient towards the envelope quota, for example, a bulk send, Bulk send is a feature in DocuSign that allows senders to easily send a standardized document to multiple recipients at once. This feature is useful for situations where a formal acknowledgment is needed or when mass notifications are required. However, it is important to prepare and test before executing a bulk send to avoid any potential errors or inconsistencies in the signing experience. Bulk Send for Multiple Recipients.

If you acquired a plan at https://ecom.docusign.com/plans-and-pricing/esignature, this will be a web-based plan, the envelope quota and limitations are fixed, that is why we offer the option to customize a pricing plan that scales to your business needs, as mentioned on the posts above our Sales Department can provide more information about the difference in cost, features, user limit, and envelope quota.

For annual subscription plans purchased on DocuSign.com (Personal, REALTORS®️, Real Estate, Standard, and Business Pro) we offer a refund within 30 days of purchase. 

For monthly subscription plans, you can cancel your account at any time and you will not be charged for the next month.

There are several options for a DocuSign account, including a 30-day Trial account, a Demo account, a Developer account, and a Free account. The Trial account is for those interested in learning more before purchasing a plan, the Demo account is for non-developers to test account features, the Developer account is for developers building integrations, and the Free account is for those who only need to sign documents and store them within the DocuSign system.

You can select a link from the list of options below to learn more about each account type:

• 30-day Trial account: A trial account designed for those who are interested in learning more before purchasing a plan at DocuSign. No cancelation is required if you decide not to continue using your account after the trial period ends.
  • Demo account: A test account for non-developers, primarily used by new and existing customers who wish to demo DocuSign’s account features.
  • Developer account: A test account designed for developers who are interested in building an integration, or configuring their app or integration key. 
  • Free account: Primarily designed for anyone who is only signing documents and wishes to keep these stored within the DocuSign system for easy access in the future. 

And again I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Best regards,