Skip to main content

We have an use case where we don’t want any signatures from merchant but we want to send the envelope alone. we are using Docusing API. can anyone please suggest how we can achieve this.

Hello, @Spatil 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

You cannot send an empty envelope, I mean, without at least one document and at least one recipient. 

If you don’t want a signature field showing up in the document then you can set the recipient’s action as “Needs to View” so when they access the envelope to see the document, they don’t need to sign, however will be registered in the Audit file the date/time when they viewed the document.

Another option, it’s to include an Approve button in the document to the recipient. They will just need to click in the Approval button, nothing will show up in the document, however will be registered as approved in the Audit trail log (Certification of Completion).

I hope that helps.

Best,

Alexandre

Hi @Spatil,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!