Skip to main content

Hello,

I would like to know if DocuSign's digital signature feature works differently from the eSignature feature. Additionally, I would like to confirm if the Business Pro plan is limited to 100 envelopes.

thanks,

Rishi

Hi @rishi010278,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible

I understand that you are looking for more details on the differences between electronic and digital signatures, and I will clarify the topic for you. In most legal contexts, a simple “electronic signature” will not be considered valid, as this signature workflow doesn’t prove the recipient’s identity. For most high-value transactions, you will be required to use an Advanced or Qualified Electronic Signature, which includes an extra recipient verification step. More details on this topic can be found below:

Types of Digital Signature: AES, QES, SES, explained

What is the difference between a Digital Signature and an Electronic Signature | Docusign

Are Electronic Signatures Safe?

Accepted Trust Service Providers: Europe

If the signature in question was not a Digital Signature, its validity can be easily contested in court.

Regarding your question related to the envelope limit for the Business Pro Annual plan, this modality provides you with access to up to 100 envelopes per year. But allows you to purchase extra envelopes, if needed. You can purchase more envelopes by logging into your account and visit Settings > Plan and Billing > CHANGE PLAN and select a plan that can meet your needs, however, I would personally recommend you contact your Sales team or customer support as all plans are subject to DocuSign’s Reasonable Use Policy. For more information please view: What happens if I exceed the envelope allowance on my DocuSign eSignature plan?

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!