Skip to main content

After getting a new account and adding existing users that are on the old account a will closing the users on the old account will that remove the users from the new account?

users are the same for example same APIUserName and password.

The goal is move all the users over to the new account and no longer pay for old account.

Hi @chrish2,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you would like to confirm if deleting a user in an account will affect any memberships related to users that share the same email address, and I will share more details on the topic.

If both users share the same USER_ID, they will both be closed if you attempt to close one of them.

The best option to prevent this from happening would be closing the users in the old account and then recreating them in the new account, in order to trigger a new USER_ID to be assigned to the new user.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi, 

I have seen the below thread where the user should be closed from the account and can be added to another account 

Remove Users from Accounts (docusign.com)