Skip to main content

Our governement need to chech the validity of the signature via underlying certificates, one would have to click on the signature in the pdf. A new dialogue box should then open.

Is this possible via docusign?

If so, how should I do it?

Hello @Nina

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I know the importance of having the information displayed as needed. I understand that your government needs to check the validity of the signature via underlying certificates

Do you have an example of the validation that you are referring to?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello Christopher,

Our governement imposes the following signature requirement on us:

Each of the posted signatures in the pdf would have te be “clicked”. When clicked, an additional box should appear containing the necessary information about the underlying certificates. This is to check whether the certificate used is suitable for placing a qualified digital signature. 

Hello @Nina

Thank you for reaching back, to clarify, this certificate must be shown when the PDF is open in a PDF viewer? are you using an specific PDF viewer?

What DocuSign offers is the Certificate of Completion, this The certificate contains general envelope details, recipient events, and envelope summary events. It includes information such as the Envelope Id, subject, originator, number of document pages, number of signatures and initials, signer details including IP address and signature image, executed legal disclosure, and additional sections for other recipient types. Envelope Summary Events provide an audit trail of summary envelope events, including timestamps for events such as envelope sent and completed, and "Envelope Updated" events for corrections or document markup. Certificate of Completion.

To view the history or certificate of completion, go to the Manage page and find the envelope by searching, filtering, or scanning the list. Click on the envelope to see the Details view, where you can find summary history information. To view the complete history, click on the More drop-down and select History. To download and view the Certificate of Completion PDF, click on the Download icon and choose Certificate of Completion. The Certificate will be downloaded to your local Downloads folder. View the History or Certificate of Completion.

Best regards,

Hello @christopher.alpizar 

That’s correct. There need to be clicked on the signature when the document is opened in a PDF viewer. At this moment I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Hello @Nina

The closest option would be to Add the DocuSign Certificates as a Trusted Certificate in your Adobe, to do this, access the signature properties on your Adobe program, go to Show Signer's Certificate > Trust > Add to Trusted Certificates > OK > Check "Use the Certificate as a trusted root" > OK. If you need further assistance, please log in to submit a case and select Signature Appliance (DSA) as the category. Please see Why won’t signature validate when sent to another computer as reference.

Best regards,

Hi @Nina,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,