Skip to main content

Hi ,

How can I cancel an approved document and notify signers ? 

Thanks!

Hello, @Shahab 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

If your envelope still with “Waiting for Others” or “Needs to Sign” status, you just need go to the Manage page, select such envelope then in the option on the right (a little arrow in a dropdown menu) then click on “Void”. The envelopes will be canceled (Voided) and all recipients (signers) will be notified. 

Completed envelopes (everybody signed the document) cannot be cancelled (Voided) anymore. 

As a suggestion you can ask for your legal department or a lawyer what to do for officially cancel an already signed contract, in general, they will instruct to create a Termination Agreement then send to the previous signers agree with it. 

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre 

Hi @Shahab,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!