Skip to main content

Hello, 

We have two users with shared access and have exceeded our 200 envelopes for our billing period. I purchased an additional 100 envelopes to solve this issue. We now need to assign this seat to another user and it won’t allow me to add it to an existing user. We do not wish to add an additional user which requires an additional email address and login. 

Can you assign the extra seat/additional envelopes to an existing user? 

Thank you, 

Iesha. 

@IeshaM 

You can't assign envelopes to an existing user in DocuSign. Instead, you can close the current user account, add a new user, and change the existing user's permission from sender to viewer to prevent using the new envelopes. This could be a potential enhancement request for DocuSign.

Hello @LeshaM

It is OK, you do not need to asign to a new user.
As part of DocuSign sales teams, we are looking at the envelope usage, it does not matter if 1 or 2 o 3 users have been sending them and which one, as long as you did not go over your allowance (300 here, as you bought a third seat)

You can see that as a pool of 300 envelopes, with 3 named users max

Have a great day

@Kevin.Ponseel Thank you Kevin, appreciate your response as this has helped my understanding. 

Hello @IeshaM ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!