Skip to main content

I am working in a shared user environment where forms are passed up and down through multiple different people. These forms require attention to detail, so mistakes, such as typos, are caught early in the chain of recipients. However, the permissions for some recipients is "Need to View", and they are currently unable to void documents and provide constructive comments. Is there any easy fix? I could not find anything in Settings and Preferences.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

For your scenario, I would suggest you look into our Approve and Decline fields.

With these buttons, you will be able to allow your recipient with the Needs to Sign action to void the envelope, without the need to assign any other fields such as signatures or initials.

For more details on the field selection offered as part of our eSignature app, see:

Field Types

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Unfortunately, I do not think those fields will not apply to this specific scenario. The first three people in our recipient route are not supposed to do anything other than view the form and return it if there are concerns. Can this be accomplished without a dedicated field on the form? Or rather, if we use an approve/decline field, will the selection show on the PDF or just determine the next stage of the document? Previously, I thought I could allow people to void forms, but it seems like the option to void is only sometimes present.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

The Approve field will not burn any text into the document, it is just a way for you to allow the recipient to pick if the workflow should continue or not.

Just in case, I have tested this behavior on my demo account with successful results.

Regarding the option to void the envelope, the reason why this is only available for certain recipient types is that it is restricted to recipients that have an action to complete within the envelope.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

All right, thank you very much for your insight. I really appreciate the help.