Skip to main content
Question

Anchor string not being detected if string is added to the PDF dynamically

• 19 August 2024
  • 6 replies

I am generating a PDF that prints values into text fields on the PDF. One of the values that prints is being used as an anchor string for a required signature. The string is as follows: /required_buyer_signature/

I then flatten the PDF and send it to docusign to obtain signatures. 

However, docusign is unable to detect the anchor string. 

When I open the pdf that is generated in adobe reader and use adobe’s search functionality to search for “/required_buyer_signature/”, it’s able to find the string (see screenshot below). Is there any reason why docusign is not able to detect the anchor string?

NOTE: when i change the anchor string to something that is on the PDF document itself (e.g. “By signing below”), meaning the value is not dynamically generated, then docusign is able to find the anchor string and places the signature tab over that string. So I’ve narrowed the issue down to docusign not detecting dynamically generated values that print inside a PDF text box, but I assumed flattening the PDF would resolve that issue.

If anyone could please help me I’ll forever be indebted to you!

FYI the screenshot is old. I’ve since tried adding “/” to the end of the anchor string but am running into the same issue. Here is the document with the “/” at the end of the anchor string.

Hi @sammy_rabiei,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible. Would it be possible for you to provide a copy of the PDF?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

@Christopher.Alpizar absolutely. I’m attaching the document. The anchor string is “/required_buyer_signature/”, and you can find it on the 3rd page of the document attached. I didn’t make the font white just so I could ensure it was printing correctly while testing.

Hi @sammy_rabiei,

Thank you for the attachment.

If you use the same anchor text in a different document do you still get the same result?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

hi @Christopher.Alpizar yes, i tried on one other document and the same thing occurred.

Hi @sammy_rabiei ,

Instead of printing and flattening, can you try exporting? I just tested this, and it worked for me.