Skip to main content

I purchased the Standard subscription with one user. I am not the one needing to use the product. How do I

add the user or do I change the seat? 

Hello @Bucky Hefner

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to either transfer the user's right to another person or add that person as an account user.

If you do not need to have access to the account you can transfer the user by changing the email, however, it would also mean that you will not have any authority over the account.

To change your email address in your DocuSign account, go to your profile image and select Manage Profile. Update your email address in the My Profile site. Use the new address to log in to DocuSign eSignature.

You can find your new address in various locations such as the DocuSign eSignature Home page, My Preferences General settings, and your My Profile site. 

To update your email address, go to My Profile Information, select UPDATE in the Email Address section, and authenticate if necessary. Enter your new email address, click SEND CODE, and check your new address for a confirmation email with a verification code.

More information at Change Your Email Address.

Please be aware that DocuSign eSignature administrators can add users directly to their accounts using the standard DocuSign eSignature Admin app or through organization controls. Admins with a User permission profile can add users and memberships with non-administrator permission profiles. 

A full DocuSign Admin permission profile is required to add memberships with an administrator permission profile. Follow the steps in DocuSign Admin to add users, assign permission profiles, and activate their accounts. More information at Add Users.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Bucky Hefner,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.