Skip to main content

The 21 CFR Part 11 eSignature requires more space on a document to prevent text overlap with other document text and multiple signatures. Are there any specifications on the amount of space required (height and width) and how to align the placement of 21 CFR Part 11 signatures when sending an envelope? 

Hello @Lisa

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you, I know the importance of having the correct information displayed as needed in the envelope; I understand that you want to know the space required and the potential alignment for the Part 11 signatures.

We do not have a specific size for the signatures, because it can change depending on the information that is entered by the signer, you can use the Preview function to see what the general size of the signed field will be.

However, for the Part 11 accounts we offer two types of signatures, the Tall and wide signature options.

The tall signature is the default option, but if it doesn't fit on your documents, you can switch to the wide option. Administrators can configure the signature formatting option through an account-level setting, more information at Tall vs Wide Signatures on Part 11 Envelopes and Configure Tall or Wide Signatures for Part 11 Documents

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Lisa,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.