Skip to main content
Question

SAML Map Profile Info

• 13 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Is there any way to map additional info for user profiles through SAML mapping?  Job title, Company, Address, that kind of info.  If I can pass the info from our IdP, is there a way for DocuSign to map and apply it to our user profiles?

@Peach379 

Yes, it is possible to map additional user profile information, such as job title, company, and address, through SAML mapping. By leveraging SAML attribute mapping, you can pass additional user attributes from your Identity Provider (IdP) to DocuSign, and these attributes can be used to populate user profiles within DocuSign.

It will depend on the IdP.  If you are using Okta, you can define custom attributes in the "Attributes" section and map these attributes to DocuSign fields. Similarly, for Azure AD, you can add custom claims in the SAML token attributes section and map these to the required fields in DocuSign.

@JohnSantos 

We are using Okta.  On the Okta side I know how to setup attributes and define them in the DocuSign app.  I’m just not seeing what they need to map to on the DocuSign side.  The only options I see on the Config tab for my Identity Provider in DocuSign are:  givenname, surname, emailaddress, nameid, accountid, permissionprofileid, clmpermissionprofileid, genpermissionprofileid (Salesforce addon), and language.  Are there additional attributes available that just aren’t listed?  

@Peach379 

Do you see the option to add Custom Attributes in DocuSign under the IdP Configuration? 

@JohnSantos 

I do, but I don’t see an attribute in the drop down screaming “job title”

@Peach379 - You are right.   I thought you could.  Those attributes are not exposed for mapping.  That would be a great enhancement. 

@JohnSantos Shoot.  I was hoping there was just a trick I was unaware of.  Thank you for responding so quickly!  

Hi @Peach379,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.