Skip to main content

I want to set a specific rule for a user group when they receive documents that it can be restricted to only having the option to receive a copy,  eg below. Any help is greatly appreciated

Hello @PaulW ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

Can you provide more details on what you are trying to accomplish?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Nathaly

We use docusign to authorise invoices in our organisation. The spender will docusign the invoice to his/her approver and will also cc to finance approvers user group so they get a copy of the approved invoice to post on our accounts payable ledger.

I work in the accounts department and would like to know if when the person creating the envelope is selecting the user group finance processors, the only option that they see is cc Receives a copy. ie that they don’t ask them to sign.

I appreciate any guidance you can give, and thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

Paul

For the Signing Group that you want to receive the copy, do you have that configured with an Alternate Email or are you sending to each of the Group Members email addresses? If the former, you probably are better just adding that email as a Receives a Copy recipient rather than using the Signing Group.

For limiting what Recipient Type can be applied to a Recipient, I don't know that you have the ability to prevent Senders at the account level at a granular level based on Signing Group or other parameters.

If using Templates, you can use Customize > Advanced Settings and add Recipient Modification restrictions or the overall Advance Options to disable Allow senders to edit, add, or remove recipients. 

In Template, can apply Recipient Modification options to prevent sender from making changes to the Recipient Type.
In Template Advanced Options, can prevent Senders from making any changes to Recipients. So, if Recipient is “Receives a Copy” then there would be no ability to modify when using Template.

Hello @PaulW ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!