Skip to main content
Solved

Is 21 CFR Part 11 a special circumstance?

• 4 June 2024
  • 2 replies

We are in the process of consolidating our DS accounts under DS Admin. We have one for the legal team and one for QA that is 21 CFR part 11 compliant.  I read that users who have a seat in multiple standard accounts can chose the account they want to work with after authentication succeeds, but does the fact that one account is 21CFR11 compliant prevent both choices from appearing? It would be difficult to test this by creating a test domain and the two different types of accounts so I’m hoping someone has this situation and can advise.

@ShawnKNS

The fact that an account is 21 CFR Part 111 does not impact the user experience in terms of access to the account and switching between accounts if you have more than one.

If you have a membership in more than one account, you are able to switch between the accounts on the same server environment after logging in. You will always be logged into your default account, which can be set for each server environment.

If the accounts are on different server environments you will need to select the server environment first after authenticating. Then you can switch between your multiple accounts on the same server environment, if you have more than one account.

@ShawnKNS

The fact that an account is 21 CFR Part 111 does not impact the user experience in terms of access to the account and switching between accounts if you have more than one.

If you have a membership in more than one account, you are able to switch between the accounts on the same server environment after logging in. You will always be logged into your default account, which can be set for each server environment.

If the accounts are on different server environments you will need to select the server environment first after authenticating. Then you can switch between your multiple accounts on the same server environment, if you have more than one account.

Thank you for your quick and detailed response. That resolves my issue.